Gambian Emergency Passport/Travel Document
As per directives from Banjul, we DO not extend passports at the Embassy. If you are travelling to The Gambia, we can issue a Travel Document which is only good to go to The Gambia. Once you are there, you could apply for a passport.
Processing takes 4 to 7 days (excluding courier/postal service time), as long as the requirements are complete, which are repeated below for ease of reference.
REQUIREMENTS FOR EMERGENCY TRAVEL DOCUMENT (please note that we canNOT process unless the requirements are complete)
- Completed and signed application form
- One passport-size photograph on white background (taken in the last six months; please write name and passport number on the back and sign)
- Prepaid self-addressed/return envelope (FedEx/UPS or Priority/Express Mail recommended)
- A nonrefundable application fee of $50.00 in money order only
- Gambian identification (expired Gambian passport, Gambian national ID, birth certificate, driver’s license, voter’s card, or marriage certificate)
- If passport is lost, police report indicating loss of passport
- Processing time 4-7 days.
We hope the foregoing is helpful to you.