Consular Identification Card
Consular identification (CID) cards are issued by Gambia Governments or Gambia diplomatic missions abroad to its citizens who are living in foreign countries. They may be used, for example, by an embassy to allow its citizens to vote in a foreign country. Some Countries require them for some identification purposes. They do not serve or recognizes as legal residence permit within foreign countries.
How Consular ID Card is Obtained?
Consular Identification Card can be obtained at the Consular Section of the Embassy or from the network of Honorary Counsels in there various jurisdictions.
If you do need Consular ID Card, please follow the steps below:
Step 1 Only Gambian nationals are eligible to obtain Consular ID Card from the Embassy.
Step 2 Visit the website http://gambiaembassydc.org/ and download the consular ID form application.
Step 3 Complete and sign the Consular ID application form, submit it to The Gambian Embassy or the nearest Honorary Counsels with the following:
- A nonrefundable application fee of $50.00 in money order, payable to the Embassy of The Gambia
- Gambian identification - attach a copy of one of the following documents
- Copy of old Consular ID Card
- Valid or expired passport
- Gambian national ID card
- Certified copy of Gambian birth certificate
- One passport-size photograph on white background (taken in the last six months; please write name at the back and sign)
- Prepaid self-addressed/return envelope (FedEx/UPS or Priority/Express Mail)
- Processing time 5 – 10 business days.